Sunday, March 6, 2011

Upcoming exhibition

IMG_4449-1

I must have been working on this picture ,on and off for at least two years, I had discarded it many times, but now, with the pressure of an exhibition looming in the Grain Store, Ballymaloe I am digging out stuff that I think may cut the mustard.

I was originally attracted by the light streaming through my kitchen door on to the plants inside, but I really struggled to achieve this light when it came to painting it.Still not sure if I have managed it ,although the photo is not great, so its hard for people to judge it.

I have also been offered an exhibition in Waves restaurant in Ballycotton starting next week on the 9th March. Because of the closeness of the other venue I have decided to exhibit only “Limited edition prints”. Anybody in the area is welcome to visit.Below are some of the images that will be on display.

_N0N0013-1 (2)

DAVE’S GARDEN

_N0N0022 popy-2 

POPPIES

_N0N0028-1 (3)

BALLYTRASNA 2

_N0N0038 (2)

PEEPING THROUGH

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the exhibitions. I sure wish I was in the area. I'd love to see them in person.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad you dug it out, I think it is a wonderful painting. Good luck with your exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just watched your Wyeth youtube video and the value lecture. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck Phil with your forthcoming exhibitions!
    Regards, Richard

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful look into your world!
    Continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sea painting. The clouds are beautifully done. I can smell the salt air, I'm there.

    Best of luck to you on the exhibition. Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding paintings! The details on these are amazing, and they are sure going to blow some pants off in the exhibition =) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on all the shows. These are wonderful paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Phil. Your paintings are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the exhibition. I think the first one definitely makes the cut! My favorite is the Ballytrasna one, it's just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete