Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cock a doodle doo

The weather has been so miserable that all you can do is paint. We were promised an Indian summer but the weather totally bi-passed my part of Ireland, Dublin had 25C we had 15C. Never mind at least I did  some work

 

IMG_7167-1

Still on the birds but this time a farmyard cockerel, on of my friends keeps 40 or so hens and 2 cockerels along with assorted dogs and cats and ducks.

IMG_7174-1

I decided to put a few distant birds in this one, I don’t think it makes a huge difference but adds a bit of life to the background.

4 comments:

  1. That seems very unfair as I'm sitting at my drawing board cursing the hot steamy weather here in Kent!!

    But at least you are being very productive ... love the cockerel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your style, especially the seagulls

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely rendition of a rooster, and I still love the bird painting! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted a comment yesterday but it must have got lost somewhere in the ether.
    The first painting is fabulous - love it.
    And, its funny how sometimes small things can really make a difference...but then again I did think this one was great before the little addition.

    ReplyDelete